If you’re thinking about getting naturally clean to pass a drug test then it makes sense to also use detox pills to speed up that process as it can be painful. But using detox pills for drug test success can be expensive and if you get the wrong pills, it doesn’t speed things up that much.
What I’m going to do in this quick guide is talk you through how detox pills work on marijuana and other drugs.
I’ll tell you how to do a natural detox, and how to use the marijuana detox pills alongside it to speed it up. You’ll also learn how much you can speed up the natural detox, depending on the amount of drug metabolites in your body.
Plus, I’m going to talk you through the three best brands of detox pill you can buy right now, with detailed instructions for using them, selecting the right course length, and how long each of these detox pills for drug tests takes to get you clean compared to doing it completely naturally.
Your Options For Passing A Drug Test Explained
When it comes to passing a drug test as a drug user, you have three basic options to try and avoid detection:
- Your first option is to use synthetic urine. This is actually a great choice because you’re not risking your own sample at all. But you do need a synthetic urine that is very complex, and you do need to submit it within a very narrow temperature range. Also, fake urine can be quite expensive. But it is a brilliant option if you’ve got the balls to do it.
- The second option is a detox drink. That’s easy because you just drink it, urinate, and then go and submit your sample. But you should still try and do at least a two-day natural detox before the day of your test, and use detox pills are possible, to push out more toxins. But it is a good strategy if you’ve got short notice, don’t want to spend time doing a natural detox, and don’t want to be smuggling fake urine into the test center.
- Your final strategy is a natural detox accelerated by detox pills. This is the best strategy if you want to be genuinely clean so you don’t have to worry about failure at all. However, it can take time, and you do need to monitor your progress to make sure you are actually, clean and staying clean.
How Long Do Drug Metabolites Stay In The Body?
The problem with doing a natural detox is that drug metabolites can hang around in the body for quite some time.
If you just smoke a couple of joints a week, or take a drug on a night out a couple of times a week, then you’ll be clean in about seven days, often less than that.
If you’re a very light user, drug detection times in urine are surprisingly short:
- Cannabis up to 72 hours
- Cocaine up to 72 hours
- Most opiates 48-72 hours
- Methadone up to 72 hours
- Methamphetamines up to 48 hours
- MDMA up to 48 hours
So if you’re a light recreational drug user then you’re not really going to have much of a problem if you’ve got seven days until a drug test, you’ll just be clean naturally as long as you don’t take any more drugs.
If you’re a regular user and you’re taking things a few times a week, it’s going to take at least a week after stopping to get clean.
For a chronic drug user that’s even worse. For example, chronic benzodiazepine use can be detectable for up to 6 weeks.
For cannabis it’s even worse than that, with chronic daily cannabis use sometimes detectable for up to 2 months, although this is quite rare. More usually, if you’re smoking a couple of joints a day, every day, it will take a month all the drug metabolites get out of your body.
So now you can see that getting rid of drug metabolites can be problematic if you are a regular weed smoker.
There’s even worse news though because you can test clean, and then test positive again a few days later. That’s because of the way that cannabis metabolites are shaped, and they claim to cells in the body. So they can hang around for ages, and they can be several days where you could test positive, then negative, then positive again.
How To Do A Natural Detox
The first thing you have to do to get clean is to start a natural detox consisting of the following:
- Abstain from taking all drugs
- Try and avoid all but essential prescription medication
- Don’t drink alcohol
- Avoid taking in any other toxins if possible
- Eat only small meals
- Stick to lean protein and vegetables with plenty of fiber
- Avoid refined carbohydrates, sugar, and fat
- Exercise and sweat every day for at least 30 minutes
- Get eight hours sleep each night
- Drink the maximum safe recommended amount of water each day
You will have to do this every day for at least a week, probably two weeks or more for a chronic user. You’ll have to keep doing it until you’ve had your drug test as well.
How Detox Pill Works To Speed Up Your Natural Detox
As you can see, doing a natural detox is going to be hard work. You’ve got to consistently stick to everything I’ve just told you for a week or more, and if you’re a regular weed smoker, then possibly two weeks.
Detox pills work to cut that time significantly. The best ones can half the amount of time it takes to eradicate all the toxins in your body, and sometimes they work faster than that.
A detox pill at high quality contains ingredients that help in the following ways:
- Help speed up your metabolism
- Act as a diuretic
- Stimulates the bowel to increase bowel movements
- Contains dense fiber
- Contains ingredients that help with kidney and liver health and processes
I’ll explain the fiber bit to you because that may not be obvious. If you’re cannabis smoker then you’ll have lots of cannabis metabolites in your body that take a long time to work their way out.
What’s different about cannabis metabolites is that because of their shape they attached to cells in the body, and also almost uniquely amongst drug metabolites are half will work their way out through your bowels rather than urine stream.
By taking in fiber, you not only help to increase your bowel movements, but this creates bile which attracts the cannabis metabolites and binds them to it, drawing them out through the bowel more readily. Obviously, the amount in the detox pills is small, which is why your natural detox should be fiber-rich.
Can You Buy Specialist Detox Pills For Weed?
Having just talk to you about how cannabis metabolites exit the body, a lot of people think that you can buy specialist detox pills for weed.
What I’m telling you is that good quality detox pills will work for all drug metabolites, and anything marketed as marijuana detox pills is a gimmick.
Sure, the pills contain small amounts of concentrated fiber, which continually draw more cannabis toxins towards the bowel, but that is no different in any of the high-quality detox pills because they are catering for all drug metabolites.
The best strategy is simply to buy the best pills possible, not ones that claim are specialist THC detox pills, because the best pills will work for cannabis as well as any other metabolites.
Alongside that, as part of a natural detox, make sure you eat plenty of fiber. I’d also advocate the day before your test that you eat a high-fat diet, pig out on burgers, because fat will create bile and be drawn out through the bowel as well, but you don’t want to be doing that all the way through your detox because it slows down your metabolism.
Back Up Your Hard Work With A Detox Drink
When it comes to the day of your drug test you should be naturally clean as long as you have timed things right.
My top tip is to make sure you buy home drug test kits with the pill course you get. That way you can test your progress every other day from halfway through your detox.
On the day of your test, a couple of hours before you leave, make sure you use a home drug test kit to check you are still clean.
If by some stroke of bad luck you test positive, then you need to have a detox drink to hand.
Something high-quality like Ultra Eliminex will be perfect. Because you’ve already got rid of most of the metabolites, it will mask the rest for several hours.
You may not need to use it, but my shopping list advice is to buy the detox pills, around five home drug test kits, and a bottle of high-quality detox drink.
The Top Three Best Detox Pills For A Drug Test
Now you’re a bit more familiar with the basics of how a natural detox works, how drug metabolites work their way out of your body, and how all of this can be affected positively by using detox pills for weed or other drug metabolites, let’s look at the best three detox pills for drug test passing out there.
These are in order of potency and recommendation. The only reason for not choosing recommendation #1 is financial. If you can afford it go for it, if you can’t, go for choice 2.
1. Toxin Rid
The best detox pills for passing a drug test are undoubtedly Toxin Rid.
You get complete flexibility in the length of your detox with Toxin Rid, with course lengths from a single day through to 10 days available.
These are the instructions for using Toxin Rid:
- Each day the detox, for the first five hours of the day, take three Toxin Rid pills with 16 ounces of water.
- On the last day of your detox, two hours after the last lot of pills, mix up the detox supplement. You can use filtered water or orange juice for this. Then drink half of it, wait two hours, then drink the other half. Don’t eat or drink anything else for another two hours after that. The purpose of the detox liquid is to help draw out the last of the toxins and to replenish the body of nutrients lost during the detox.
- On the day of your drug test, which is hopefully only a couple of days after the end of your detox pill course, mix up the dietary fiber supplement. Drink that with 16 fluid ounces of water. That draws more toxins from cannabis towards the bowels, and generally helps to clear you out ready to submit your sample.
Which length of Toxin Rid course do you choose? It’s a tough question to answer because everyone’s profile will be different.
However, I’d break things down like this. If you are an infrequent user, you should be clean in a week, so you’ll only need about three days using Toxin Rid. I would buy one of the shorter courses; a three, four, or five day course of Toxin Rid detox, and commit yourself to that length of time at least.
If you’re just going to use a short course of Toxin Rid to get rid of a lot of your toxins, and you going to use detox drink to mask the rest on the day of your test, then the one, two, or three day courses are best.
If you’re a chronic weed smoker or user who knows that you are going to take a couple of weeks get clean, I will just go for the full 7 or 10 day course. The 10 day course costs $189.95, but that is the one I would recommend you go for, because it ensures you will be clean.
2. Rescue 5 Day Detox
The second choice of the best detox pills to pass a drug test for me are Rescue 5 Day Detox.
You don’t have to worry about the different course lengths, because there is only one. However, it’s actually an eight-day course, not five. I think it’s marketing to say it to five day course because it implies you’ll get clean quicker. But it’s actually only the main part of the pill course which takes five days.
This is the process for using these THC detox pills:
1. The day before you start the main five day detox, take the four included head start pills with 32 fluid ounces of water.
2. Over the next five days, every morning take four morning formula pills with 32 fluid ounces of water. Every evening take the evening formula pills with 32 fluid ounces of water.
3. The day after the main five day course, so day seven in total, take the four finisher formula pills with 32 fluid ounces of water.
4. On the day of your test, take the six ICE detox pills with 32 fluid ounces of water. These act like a detox drink in capsule form, helping to draw out and mask any remaining toxins.
So as you can see, it’s actually an eight-day process rather than five. The ingredients are similar to Toxin Rid, but not as complex.
Costing around $60, Rescue 5 Day Detox is not as potent as Toxin Rid. You get what you pay for, and the equivalent, the 7 or 10 day course of Toxin Rid is more potent.
If you can’t afford Toxin Rid, or you can’t get hold of that, then Rescue 5 Day Detox, as long as you are aware that it actually takes eight days to do the course, is a great second choice that is very affordable.
3. Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula
Down at the budget end of the detox pill market is Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula. It only costs $30 for a 30 day supply (60 pills).
But that’s not the whole story. It’s also not a true course of detox pills. You don’t take them for 10 days alongside a natural detox.
Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula helps you to pre-cleanse in preparation for a detox. The idea is that if you had a potential drug test coming up, say you have applied for several jobs and you might face interviews in the coming weeks, but you don’t want to do a full detox.
Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula can be taken alongside starting to taper down on your drug use, so that alongside a lowering of toxin levels, it helps to move them out of your body faster.
That way you’ll have less to deal with in the week leading up to a drug test, or you could then use a detox drink on the day of your test with less toxins to mask.
You simply take two pills per day with 8 fluid ounces of water. Ideally as I said, you should taper down on your THC or other drug use as well.
But that’s not the whole story either. Because in the week leading up your drug test you could double the dose by taking two pills in the morning, and two in the evening, and that will push out more toxins alongside stopping taking drugs.
So it’s a budget option that can help to prepare you for a detox, or can be used for low level detox which may not get you totally clean if you have high levels of toxins in your body. But it will certainly lower than enough for a good quality detox drink to work more thoroughly.